Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Keppe Rofer Solicitors.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in detail here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described below will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our, products, and services; and for our marketing activities.
If you are a client, we may need the Personal Information to create a contract with you and then deliver the service.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to create a contract with you or deliver a service, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
How we process your data
1 – Website visitors
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with the work we undertake and marketing activities. In this section “you” and “your” refers to Visitors.
What we collect
(i) Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name) in order to sign up for a free resource or otherwise submit enquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend courts or police stations, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
(ii) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Website.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Keppe Rofer Solicitors.
- To respond to your online enquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Website and system administration and security.
- To improve the navigation and content of our Website.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To customise content and layout of the Website.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Website may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button or a Twitter application. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
- Contests and sweepstakes.We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively, “Promotions“).
2. Purchase of Services
What we collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following category:
Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our solicitors or administration staff, send us an email, integrate the Services with another website or service, or communicate with us in any other way.
We will let you know prior to collection whether the provision of Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or if it may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
What we do with the information we gather
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To invoice for money owed to us by you.
- To communicate with you about your contract and provide customer support.
- To provide suggestions to you.
- For our data analytics projects.
- Other purposes.To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
3. Service Feedback
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How to manage cookies – ICO website.
Cookies used on www.kepperofer.co.uk
Purpose: enable Google functionalities such as Google search, Maps, Analytics, Youtube
Purpose: enable social sharing and like
Purpose: enable WordPress blog
Data Protection Officer
Our appointed compliance officer is Dan Reed. If you have any queries about the data being held on you or want your data to be erased, please contact him.
Keppe Rofer Solicitors
11 Ship Street
Access to your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Send your request to our appointed compliance officer, contact details above.